Reclaim the Future, our event series with the Future Forum by BMW Welt, is going international. On June 30, starting at 4 p.m., we want to discuss with experts whether and how Europe can play a leading role in quantum computers. This time in English. Join us!
The livestream starts at 4 PM
Right now, American companies seem to take the lead in the development of quantum computers. But Europe could soon catch up – because of its own strengths: a network of well-connected research institutions, industry leaders and promising start-ups. And now even politicians seem to have recognized the opportunity. The German government, for example, has just increased funding for quantum computers to two billion euros.
What does the European quantum community need to be successful? How long do we have to wait until quantum computers bring real benefits to science, but also to industry? How can we prevent a quantum winter? And when will Europe’s first quantum computer go into operation? This is what we will discuss with leading experts from the quantum community.
- Dr. Jan Goetz, CEO and Co-Founder of IQM, who is building revolutionary quantum computers
- Prof. Dieter Kranzlmüller, head of the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
- Oliver Wick, Technology Scouting, Lead Future Computing Technologies, BMW Group
- Thomas Hubregtsen, Lead Quantum Computing, BMW Group
- With a special video message from Prof. Dr. Angelika Niebler, Member of the European Parliament
Don’t miss it!
The event will be broadcast as a live stream – and you can follow it here on our platform as well as on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages. You already have questions for the speakers? Then ask them here under this post.