At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! Join our team as a Junior Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (“You build it, you run it”), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Specific tasks of the Junior Backend Engineer at Personio:
- You will focus on learning and self-discovery of new topics around technology and business domain
- With the support and coaching of Professional or Senior team members you will make first steps in the implementation of more complex features
How we work:
- We’re scaling up our application big time! To do so, we are transforming our PHP application in Go und Kotlin microservices.
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS,
What skills you should bring:
- At least 1 year of experience working on production web projects
- Production experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, PHP, Kotlin, Go
- Experience in one of the popular Web MVC frameworks, and SQL-based relational database design
- Object-oriented design skills. You can express yourself in language of objects and relations—and then implement it in code
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value whatever it takes, and learn best-practice engineering skills on the way
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
Apply at: www.personio.com/jobs