What awaits you…
You have the choice, work with our team on location in Munich or in any part of Germany in remote!
- Development of the web interface for about 20 million mobile and desktop visitors of chip.de jointly with an agile team with product owner.
- Development of our HTML frontends, using and extending our style guide components.
- Adaptation and expansion of our frontend development tools.
- Optimize site performance and set up A / B tests in order to deliver the best user experience for our visitors.
- Close communication with the teams of UX / VX, editorial office, web analytics and sales.
What we expect from you…
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable, subject-related training and have already gained experience in the development of web applications.
- Solid experience with development tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM.
- Safe handling of git (merge, branch).
- Experience in using PHP, Symfony and Twig is helpful.
- You are used to measuring the success of technical measures in business-relevant KPIs (traffic, revenue, user satisfaction).
- You enjoy bringing in your own knowledge and experience.
- Motivation for personal and professional development.
What we offer…
To many people, a remote job and a freelance job mean the same thing. This is however, not right. A remote full-time job means you are employed by a company or organization but you are not required to be physically present at the office.
What if you live “in a part of the country” that doesn’t allow you to put your skills to good use?
Your advantages of working remote for CHIP:
- Work in your home office (90% remote) - Work-Life-Balance pocket friendly. There is no commuting so you save on bus fare or gas for your car.
- Weekly exchange of knowledge and talks by colleagues in a video conference.
- On-Boarding in Munich.
- Indefinite Full-time employment contract with flexible working hours and 30 days paid vacation.
- Planning, reviews & retrospectives take place about 2-4 times a month in Munich.
- International teams, colleagues and clients.
- Mobile First! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for professional and private use. You can choose between an Apple or Windows device.
- With a comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects, we give you plenty of room to develop yourself optimally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen.
- You want to bring your ideas in a start-up atmosphere and experiment with new trends but at the same time have security in the background? We belong to the global player Hubert Burda Media and make this unique combination possible.
If you want to find out more click here
Would you like to get a first impression of CHIP / BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch the following videos on our YouTube channel: