At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! Join our team as a Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (“You build it, you run it”), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Specific tasks of the Backend Engineer at Personio:
- You will identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- You will participate in cross-team engineering initiatives as individual contributor
- You will help with the coaching and onboarding of junior members of the team
How we work:
- We’re scaling up our application big time! To do so, we are transforming our PHP application in Go und Kotlin microservices.
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What skills you should bring:
- 2-3 years of software development experience using either Kotlin, Scala, Java or .NET
- Experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
Apply at: www.personio.com/jobs